- For any product that is heavily damaged or excessively worn, seek professional assistance.
- Cleaning products containing detergents, alcohol, or solvents must not be used.
- Abrasive cleaning products must not be used.
Loose, upholstered cushions should be fluffed and aired out frequently to ensure that internal stuffing materials are distributed evenly. “Fluff” by shaking and patting the cushion on all sides. Where possible, alternate the placement of the cushions, rotating those in frequently used positions with those in less used positions.
Glass should be cleaned using a soft, damp cloth or a glass cleaning solution containing no additives. Apply glass cleaner to a soft cloth rather than directly to glass, to avoid over-spray which may damage other finishes.
Lighting and Shades
- Metal finishes are susceptible to tarnish, pitting, and changing patina. Clean with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use commercial cleaning products or solutions.
- Do not wrap light fixtures in any form of plastic. Extended exposure to plastic wrapping will cause metals to tarnish.
- CASTE lighting shades are made from a heavy, high-quality artist’s paper. Care for shades by dusting regularly with a soft, dry cloth. Small dirt marks on the paper may be cleaned using a white art eraser, very gently. Heavy soil or staining on our paper shades generally cannot be cleaned.
Metals (Bronze, Steel, Brass)
- Dust regularly with a soft, dry, non-abrasive cloth.
- If soiled, clean with warm water on a soft cloth, and immediately dry with a fresh soft cloth. If necessary for soil build-up, a mild solution of light soap and warm water may be used. (Do not use detergents.) Again, dry thoroughly with a clean cloth to avoid water spots.
- Cleaning solutions containing detergents, abrasives, alcohol, and solvents must be avoided.
- Do not use commercial metal polishes or waxes.
- Metal surfaces typically consist of patina applications sealed with a protective lacquer and/or buffed wax finish coat. Even with a patina or lacquer, metals will show natural signs of oxidation and wear over time. These gradual changes in appearance are a natural part of the inherent beauty of the materials. Should you desire a refreshed patina, or if there is damage or tarnish, we recommend a professional metal finisher be used.
- Stone can generally be classified in one of two categories. Siliceous stones, including granite, are more durable and relatively easy to clean. Calcareous stones, including marble, limestone and onyx, are more porous and sensitive.
- Because stone is a natural material, markings and color will vary. Stone tops are sealed or polished to be stain resistant. Many common foods and drinks contain acids that will etch or dull the surface of many stones. Use placemats or felt pads under china, ceramics, silver, or other objects that might scratch the surface.
- Clean stone surfaces with a soft cloth and a few drops of stone soap or a mild detergent combined with warm water. Too much cleaner or soap may leave a film or cause streaking. Rinse the surface thoroughly after cleaning and then dry with a soft cloth.
- For spills, blot with a soft, absorbent cloth immediately to prevent stain from being absorbed by the stone, then flush with water and mild soap and rinse well. Dry the area with a soft, dry cloth.
- We recommend that stained or soiled stone be cleaned by a professional stone cleaner or refinisher.
- Vellum is a natural parchment produced from calfskin, lambskin, or kidskin. Since it is a skin, there exist naturally occurring variations in pattern, color, and texture, which may be noticeable in side-by-side panels. Because it is a natural material, vellum may “breathe” and move as it wears. Vellum may also darken over time.
- A clear coat of sealant is added to protect the vellum from normal use.
- Care for vellum by wiping gently with a dry to slightly damp soft cloth, making sure that the skin is completely dried afterward. Apply gently without high pressure. Repeat after dried if necessary.
- If the above does not work, use a dry cloth with a small amount of mineral spirits. Again, gently with light pressure. If this is not satisfactory, we recommend that stained or soiled vellum be professionally cleaned.
- Maintain vellum by keeping it away from direct sunlight and heating/air conditioning vents.
- Wood pieces have been stained and/or polished to bring depth and beauty to each finish. Although most are protected with a clear sealer coat or wax, finishes are still susceptible to wear. Finish coats vary from piece to piece. These are general maintenance guidelines. For specific questions, please contact the manufacturer.
- Care for your wood and lacquer pieces by dusting regularly with a dry, soft cloth. To remove occasional soil build-up, and only when necessary, use a soft cloth moistened with warm water. Immediately dry the surface with a clean, dry cloth to remove any moisture. A mild solution of gentle soap and warm water can be used in cases of extreme soiling.
- Do not use commercial cleansers, detergents, solvents, or ammonia-based window cleaners.
- To avoid yellowing, do not use paste wax, oils, liquids or aerosol products.
- Do not use scouring pads or abrasive cloths on any wood finish.
- To prevent drying and cracking, avoid extreme changes in humidity in your home.
- To prevent drying and exposure to excessive humidity, do not place wood pieces near heating or air-conditioning units or vents.
- Do not place hot or moist objects or rubber or plastic objects directly on the wood, as they can damage the finish.
- Exposure to direct sunlight will cause wood discoloration over time.
- To avoid marks and indentations, do not write directly on the wood surface without a pad.
1. ORDER SUBJECT TO ACCEPTANCE.
All Orders are subject to acceptance by the manufacturer of the Product Line (“Manufacturer”), at Manufacturer’s designated location for acceptance of orders.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT. ACCEPTANCE OF ORDERS IS BASED ON THE EXPRESS CONDITION THAT BUYER AGREES TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN. ACCEPTANCE OF DELIVERY BY BUYER WILL CONSTITUTE BUYER’S ASSENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS REPRESENT THE COMPLETE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES, AND NO TERMS OR CONDITIONS IN ANY WAY ADDING TO, MODIFYING OR OTHERWISE CHANGING THE PROVISIONS STATED HEREIN SHALL BE BINDING UPON MANUFACTURER UNLESS MADE IN WRITING AND SIGNED AND APPROVED BY AN OFFICER OF MANUFACTURER. NO MODIFICATION OF ANY OF THESE TERMS WILL BE AFFECTED BY MANUFACTURER’S SHIPMENT OF GOODS FOLLOWING RECEIPT OF BUYER’S PURCHASE ORDER, SHIPPING REQUEST, OR SIMILAR FORMS CONTAINING PRINTED TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONFLICTING OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS HEREIN.
2. PRICES AND TERMS.
All prices are FOB factory. A minimum deposit of fifty percent (50%) of the purchase price is required to initiate order fulfillment. Orders for in stock products require payment in full to initiate order fulfillment. All accounts shall be paid net when invoiced. A service charge of the lesser of 2% per month or the maximum permissible rate will be added to all amounts not paid within sixty (60) days from the date of invoice for final balance due. Orders must be paid in full, including shipping, handling, crating and packing, STORAGE, taxes and service charges prior to shipping.
3. STORAGE FEES.
Additional storage fees of 1% per month will be charged to cover storage of merchandise, if not picked up within sixty (60) days from the date of invoice for final balance due.
4. CANCELLATION OF ORDERS.
Because goods within an order may be custom made, or cut, processed, altered, or treated to order specifications, orders are not cancelable after ten (10) working days, and goods are not returnable at any time. After ten (10) working days, any deposit made by Buyer in connection with an order is fully nonrefundable. Changes in orders require prior written approval from Manufacturer and will be subject, in addition to changes in the price of goods, to change, cancellation or stocking fees which may be up to 50% of the net selling price.
5. FORCE MAJEURE.
All quoted completion and delivery dates are estimates only. Manufacturer shall not be liable for delays in completion or shipment or default in delivery for any reason of force majeure or for any cause beyond Manufacturer’s reasonable control including, but not limited to: (a) government action, war, riots, civil commotion, embargoes, or martial laws; (b) Manufacturer’s inability to obtain necessary materials from its usual sources of supply; (c) shortage of labor, raw material, production or transportation facilities or other delays in transit; (d) labor difficulty involving employees of Manufacturer or others; (e) weather events, fire, flood, or other casualty, or (f) other contingencies of manufacture or shipment. In the event of any delay in Manufacturer’s performance due in whole or in part to any cause beyond Manufacturer’s reasonable control, Manufacturer shall have such additional time for performance as may be reasonably necessary under the circumstances. Acceptance by Buyer of any goods shall constitute a waiver by Buyer of any claim for damages on account of any delay in delivery of such goods.
All taxes and excises of any nature whatsoever now or hereafter levied by governmental authority, whether federal, state or local, either directly or indirectly, upon the sale or transportation of any goods covered hereby shall be paid and borne by Buyer.
7. TITLE/RISK OF LOSS.
Delivery of goods to carrier shall be deemed delivery to Buyer, and thereupon title to such goods, and risk of loss or damage, shall be Buyer’s. Any claim by Buyer against Manufacturer or carrier for shortage or damage occuring prior to such delivery must be made in writing within forty-eight (48) hours after receipt of shipment, and must be accompanied by original transportation bill signed by the carrier noting that the carrier received the goods from Manufacturer in the conditions claimed. All deliveries are subject to the accompanying Freight Receiving Rules.
8. METHOD OF SHIPMENT.
Manufacturer will manage product shipments unless Buyer specifies shipment method. Any shipments returned to Manufacturer as a result of Buyer’s unexcused delay or failure to accept delivery will require Buyer to pay all additional costs incurred by Manufacturer INCLUDING STORAGE FEES.
9. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER.
Except as specified herein, Manufacturer warrants that any goods sold hereunder will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for one (1) year. This warranty does not apply to damage or breakage resulting from misuse, accidents, abuse, neglect, mishandling or wear resulting from normal use. Defective products will be replaced within the normal production time period required to reorder and manufacture the same product.
Many wood and metal finishes are applied by hand and may vary in color, tone and character. While Manufacturer will make every effort to match a finish, no guarantee can be made of an exact match. Manufacturer does not guarantee finishes against fading or oxidizing.
Variations in color, grain pattern and veining are inherent in stone and wood, and are considered to be part of the material’s natural beauty.
Furniture and lighting is handmade and therefore is subject to slight variations.
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
Manufacturer shall not be liable for special, punitive, incidental or consequential losses, damages or expenses, directly or indirectly arising from the manufacture, sale, handling or use of any goods, or from any other cause with respect to the services or goods of, or obtained by the Manufacturer, whether such claim is based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, strict liability in tort, negligence or any other legal theory. Further, in no event shall Manufacturer be liable for any damages or other amounts for any reason whatsoever in excess of the purchase price of the goods and services ordered by Buyer. Manufacturer’s liability may be further limited, as per the terms of the Manufacturer’s warranty. Any claim by Buyer with reference to any goods or services sold shall be deemed waived by Buyer unless submitted to the Manufacturer in writing, within thirty (30) days from the date Buyer discovered, or should have discovered, any claimed breach.
11. REMEDIES UPON DEFAULT.
Manufacturer requires payment for any shipment hereunder in advance. If Buyer fails to make payment in accordance with the terms of this agreement or otherwise fails to comply with any provision hereof, Manufacturer may, at its option, cancel any unshipped portion of this order, retain the goods, and declare a forfeiture of the deposit as liquidated damages.
All of Manufacturer’s drawings, descriptive matter, weights, dimensions, descriptions and illustrations contained in the Manufacturer’s website, catalogues, price lists, or advertisements are close approximations only and intended to give a general description of the goods, and shall not form part of this agreement. Furniture and lighting is handmade, therefore subject to slight variations. All sizes as indicated in the price list are within 1/2” variance.
Waiver by Manufacturer of any breach of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any other breach, and failure to exercise any right arising from any default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right at any subsequent time.
In the event that any one or more of these terms or conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision or provisions shall be severed and the remaining terms and conditions shall remain binding and effective.
Manufacturer reserves the right to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions, and its website, at any time and at its sole discretion. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof on Manufacturer’s website. Therefore, Buyer should review Manufacturer’s policies, terms and conditions each time Buyer visits the website. The most current version of this agreement can be found at www.castedesign.com/info/about.
Buyer’s continued use of the website after any such changes are made constitutes Buyer’s binding acceptance of those changes.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, or otherwise exploit the website or any product image, product listing, product description, price, page design and/or layout, trademark, logo or other content (“Website Content”) for any commercial purpose, except as expressly provided;
- Use a robot, spider, or data mining or extraction tool or process to monitor, extract, or copy Website Content (except in the cooperation or use of internet “search engines”, hit counters, or similar technology);
- Use any meta tags, search terms, key terms, or the like that contain the website’s name or trademarks used on the website;
- Engage in any activity that interferes with the website or another user’s ability to use the website;
- Modify, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any technology used to provide the website and the services and products offered on the website; or
Any use of the website or Website Content that is not expressly authorized herein is prohibited and immediately terminates the license granted herein.
The design of each product designed and manufactured by CASTE Design is proprietary to Caste Design, LLC, and protected by U.S. Copyright Laws, 17 U.S.C. 101 et seq. CASTE Design, LLC has the exclusive right to manufacture and distribute such product. Unauthorized copy of our designs, products, sales materials, publications, etc. constitutes infringement of our copyrights, infringement of our trade dress, misrepresentations as to source or origin, and unfair competition, all in violation of U.S. Copyright Laws, 15 U.S.C. 1051, et seq.
All website images are property of and copyrighted by CASTE Design, LLC and should not be saved, copied, sold or redistributed without express permission of CASTE Design, LLC.
18. CONTROLLING LAW.
This agreement shall be deemed to have been executed and delivered at CASTE Design, 175 North Ada Street #204, Chicago, Illinois 60607. This agreement and all rights and obligations hereunder, including matters of construction, validity and performance shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois including the Uniform Commercial Code as enacted in that jurisdiction, without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of law thereof. All disputes shall be filed with the American Arbitration Association in Chicago, Illinois and governed by the rules of AAA. All decisions made in the arbitration will be considered binding and an entry of judgement shall be deemed to the prevailing party. Any judgement rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Attorney fees and costs shall be awarded to the prevailing party.
CASTE Design, LLC has established this privacy notice to explain to you how your information is protected, collected and used on www.castedesign.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site.
We use “cookies” (small files of letters and numbers placed on your hard drive) to help identify you and maintain your signed-in status. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so will prevent you from obtaining access to our pricing, detailed product information, and tearsheets. This site does not use third party cookies of any type.
We use Google Analytics to help analyze our page flow as well as customize, measure and improve the effectiveness of our content .
By registering as a designer on our site, you are giving your consent for these cookies to be placed on your computer.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
Once you register as a Designer on our site and give us your business information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. We do not collect or store credit card data from this website.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to or collect information that you voluntarily give us via website forms, email or other direct contact from you. We will use your information to respond to your inquiry. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, or notify you of status changes to your account.
We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, invoicing) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
By registering as a Designer on our site, you will only receive member account-related emails; you are not automatically signed up to receive our marketing emails. You must join our mailing list separately to receive marketing emails with information about new products.
To unsubscribe from any future marketing emails from CASTE Design, please click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us. Your email address will immediately be removed.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content, cookies, or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.